Environment, Health & Safety
At Aequs, we are committed to protect the environment, employee health, and safety of all employees and visitors. In addition to this, we comply as per the local regulations and have integrated EH&S into all our Operations. All units under Aequs SEZ are BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2004 certified. BS OHSAS 18001:2007 certificate is to protect employees from injuries whereas ISO 14001:2004 protects environment. A dedicated ‘Emergency Response Team’ (ERT) is also available on-site to take immediate notice of any situation.
With the aim to develop a safe culture within the organisation, the EH&S policy focuses on:
- Promoting an environment where everyone is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace to prevent injury or ill-health through any of our activities, products and services.
- Complying with all applicable legal and other requirements.
- Integrating EH&S into all operations at all levels of the organization for continues improvement in Environmental and OH&S performance.
- Conserving natural resources, achieving energy savings and optimizing use of resources by reducing, re-using and re-cycling.
- Incorporating waste management system and promoting segregation of wastes & re-cycling.
- Preventing environmental pollution by adopting proven technology and focusing on reduction of waste in all our process.
- Installation of zero-emission machines on the Shop-floor.
- We conduct a pre-employment Health screening for all candidates.
- Periodical health check up’s is carried out for all employees.
- Our Occupational Health Centre (OHC) facility is open 24x7 and is equipped with latest equipment.
- We also conduct Wellness Programs across entities on a timely basis.
- Helmets are mandatory for both, rider & pillion within the SEZ premises (2-wheelers)
- Speed limit is restricted to 30 KMPH inside the SEZ campus
- Use of mobile phone while riding or driving is prohibited..
- All offices & shop-floors have an evacuation roadmap displayed at suitable locations.
- All potential hazards are identified and labelled with a proper signage & instructions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is mandatory for everyone accessing the shop-floor. (safety shoes & safety glasses)
- We have periodic fire & evacuation drills (in accordance with the Karnataka State Fire & Emergency Services) conducted across all entities